Friday, June 22, 2012

Mango Pepper Salsa

This little creation happened on the fly. 
And by fly I mean I didn't have the exact ingredients for the original recipe. 
And by exact ingredients I mean I had a mango, lime and cilantro. 

But isn't that really all you need to make a fiesta delight? 
Lime and cilantro, that is? 
Add a little sea salt and a bunch of fresh diced veggies (and fruit, as it were), and you are a culinary genius in your guests' eyes. 

At least that's what happened to me the other night.
And by culinary genius I mean I might have self promoted myself just a little.
Okay, maybe a lot. 

Nevertheless, this turned out better than expected.
The mango's sweetness never overpowers the savory sour deliciousness that makes this fresh combination stand out.

Alrighty . . .I give you Melissa's Mango Pepper Salsa!


One diced . . . 
... mango
... green, yellow and orange pepper
... red onion
.... 1/2 cup cilantro

2 TBS lime juice
Sea Salt to taste
A dash of cayenne pepper.

Toss together like so. 


Serve chilled with chips or on top of a taco, fish, or chicken entree. 
Or eat that bad boy all by yourself. 
(Not that I did or anything.)
(I waited till our guests left!) 

As we've learned today . . .the possibilities are endless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis