Friday, August 31, 2012

Your blender does matter!

Since starting this whole smoothie and better health mission, I have used 3 blenders.

All within a year.

Before the blender became our ultimate tool in the kitchen, the Cuisinart, (you know, the standard one most get at a wedding shower), was not being used ...er, to its maximum potential.  When it was, it only took a few months but the smoothies got chunky.  As you can imagine, a chunky smoothie is completely unappetizing.  Soooo, I stole my Mom's Montel Williams blender.  What a difference! This blender is fantastic.  A bit tall but it blends wonderfully.

BUT...eventually my mom wanted her blender back.  So she bought Melissa and I Ninja blenders.  This is by far the worst blender I have ever encountered for so many reasons:

1.  Chunky smoothies, like, on the first day of ever using it.

2. We had to let the blender go for over five minutes before it got somewhat smooth.


3.  The blades were designed to come in and out of the blender for better cleaning (and supposedly better blending) but it was absolutely dangerous.  Stuffing the fruits and veggies in was a nightmare.

4.  The blender become absolutely disgusting.  Smoothie would leak into the handle and remain in there.  There was no way to take it apart, so food would stay in the handles of the blender.  So gross.

5.  Finally, after only a few short months with this $150 blender, we learned to blend then take the time to transfer it into the magic bullet, which took 20 minutes.

The Ninja blender...The smoothies practically looked like  that after blending for 20 minutes!
All I know is this hassle made me give up this summer, and I have not been juicing hardly at all until this past week, when I stole my mom's blender back again.  I have been feeling so awful not having my smoothies.  My body had become sore, depression returned, my skin lost its glow, and my motivation to be healthy: gone.

Fortunately I 've been feeling better again, but I need to get back on track like I did before.  Melissa had issues with her Ninja blender too so she invested in the Vitamix.  I was fortunate enough to enjoy a smoothie when we visited and it was fantastic.  This thing can liquify a block of wood.  Many juicers and vegans recommend this blender.

On the left is the Montel Williams blender and on the right is the Vitamix (available on our Amazon online store.)
Anyway, I can't wait because I just got mine in the mail!  Getting a blender that will last and (most importantly) BLEND is so key.  If anyone is looking into juicing or doing smoothies, do your research and hopefully realize the benefits of investing into one of the better/best blenders.  The Vitamix is outstanding, also the Montel Williams or Blendtech blenders. But the Vitamix has a standard five year warranty, and this company stands by its product.  Now here's my salesman coming out of me....If you are interested in the Vitamix, please look on our Amazon store located on our blog and a small percentage will be given to us.  As well as any other products of interest.  Thanks!  ( You will notice the Ninja is NOT on there!)  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis