Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Inflammation Question


Hi Charissa,
Remember me from XXXX? Connie! I have a question for you. Could you tell me in your opinion which fruits, veggies, etc. would be best used for juicing/blending, having two drinks a day to alleviate inflammation/arthritis symptoms? I am new to this and am creating many veggie/juice blends but want to get optimal results and make sure I am doing it right. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me. 
*´¨)
¸´ ¸.*´¨) ¸.*
¨''Connie

Hi Connie!

I absolutely remember you.  Good for you for juicing/blending and thank you for contactung me.  sorry I am just getting to this now.  I could not tell you what the best combination of foods would be, but I could tell you what I use and what other foods have been suggested.  

Lately my smoothies have consisted of kale, 1 1/2 bananas, a clementine, an apple, Spirulina, Oh and sometime blueberries.  Spirulina in an algae.  Sounds gross, but since using that and adding chlorella to my diet, has given me so much energy and any body pains I had before went away.  I admit this past summer I have not kept up as much because my blender broke and man I feel it big time.  

Having fruits and veggies with antioxidants,high in vitamin B6,and Have a good source of vitamin E are recommended.  You can't go wrong with greens.  I can't say enough good things about kale, spinach, collard greens.  I also recommend beets.  But if you are juicing a couple times a day and your body was not typically getting all these nutrients, regardless of any fruit or veggie combination, your body will automatically feel better.  I do suggest changing it up a bit though.  Your body can get used to the same veggies and fruit.  try to stay in season with fruits and veggies and switching out certain greens, so your body is constantly receiving different forms of nutrients.  They say  having a diet of fruits and veggies with lots of different colors can help.  Here is a site that I found, that i hope helps you as well.  It talks specifically about what you are asking.  

I hope this was helpful.  Let me know how everything goes.  Good luck with your juicing and I hope you find the best combination of fruits and veggies that will be both tasty and a relief for your joints.  I'm sure you will find many other benefits as well. 

Best wishes,
Charissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis