Thursday, March 29, 2012

What I Eat

Note: This is a "typical" day, but it certainly varies as I run out of or pick up groceries, and depend on what our garden yields this summer. Also, I am in the process of learning many new recipes . . .so, after Easter, look out!

Breakfast: Fruit/Veggie Smoothie. Depending on what Adam does in the morning, sometimes we share a 72oz blender-ful, in which case, I make more after he leaves.
Smoothie ingredients: A handful of . . .kale, spinach, celery, carrots, bananas, apples, frozen blueberries, mango and spirulina. Add water and blend to desired consistency. Also, I ingest chlorella and astaxanthin (potent superfoods high in antioxidants and tons of good-for-you properties) with the smoothie.

Snack: Almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts

Noon: Usually I'm still sipping on my morning smoothie. Often I'll dive into a bag of baby carrots and hummus.

Snack: carrots, celery, hummus

Dinner: Large salad. Also, I'm learning a ton of new raw vegan recipes, so this meal changes daily. Knox loved our portobello mushroom meal the other night ...

Treat: Banana iced "cream." Yeah...wait for the post on that. It's delish.

Before bed: Lemon Cayenne Pepper Tea. Yep, that's the ingredients. Hot water, fresh lemon juice and a dash (or three, if you can stand it) of cayenne. Both have wonderful detoxifying and metabolism boosting properties.

This is an "a lot of food" day, which was nothing compared to the junk I used to eat even a year ago. My goal is to really minimize the snack grazing and actually stick to two nutrient dense meals per day. The body really needs to fast a little longer than one thinks- since fasting actually helps it to heal and repair damaged tissue, boost mental acuity and other things I can't think of right now. Ha, mental acuity.  

5 comments:

  1. Can you and Pastor move closer to me? :-) jw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I don't know who this is?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna know what the little one eats. Can this be a whole family kinda blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, (xoxo) ...my little one eats what we eat, mostly. He's developed an affinity toward cheez-its, but we're working on that. :)

    But he eats raw fruits and veggies and drinks our smoothies.

    It's a good suggestion to post about our family eating dynamics. Will take note for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to create a post on how our family eats soon and how my three year old is adapting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis