Thursday, May 10, 2012

Black Bean Chili

Because I'm in this weird food rut (perhaps to be discussed in another post) I was at a loss as to what to make for dinner tonight.  A trusty Black Bean Chili recipe was my go to, but only to discover I had a handful of the ingredients. 

So you know what I did? I made it with what I had. 
Shocking.

The beauty of dressing up and finishing any sort of Mexican-type dish is CUMIN.


Yeah. I think we got it covered.

Of course, it's nice if you've got an onion or two, beans and tomatoes.
And I did.

Instead of giving you the professional's recipe, I will give you exactly what I put into my little pot. 

2 cans black beans, 1 1/2 diced onions, 2 cans diced tomatoes with jalepenos, 1 bag frozen corn, 1/2 cup cilantro, 1 6oz can tomato paste, 3 cups of water aaaaaaand cumin (about 2 TBS).

I brought it to a quick boil then simmer, and we enjoyed another dinner on a dime. 


Note: This is strictly a vegetarian dish because of heating and canned ingredients.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis