Thursday, May 17, 2012

BLUEberry Vinaigrette

"Oh the places you'll go!" wrote Dr. Suess.  

Surely he could have meant culinary quests of the forty millionth dimension. Right?
You know, since one little ingredient substitution can throw us into an abyss of innovation.

Oooor, a catastrophic train wreck.

Which is why, when I saw how to make a raspberry vinaigrette dressing, I got giddy. My favorite! So as I went down the list, affirming mental checks of all the ingredients, I got to work right away.  Until I opened the freezer. 

(We interrupt this thrilling story to mention that you probably figured out what happened.)

So, without going into any further cute literary antics about me not having just raspberries, or, not wanting to pull the frozen raspberries out of the mixed berries bag...I give you the (last minute) innovation de Melissa. 

The BLUEBERRY VINAIGRETTE Team:


3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
2 TBS honey
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 cup fresh or frozen BLUEBERRIES
1/4 cup water

Place all ingredients into blender and blend for 1 minute or until smooth. 


Folks, it was goooood. No train wreck here. 

Would you believe me when I say Dr. Seuss would probably be proud? 

Okay, I don't even believe that. He's with Jesus. (Christian-cough, Lutheran- after all)

But I guess you'll just have to trust that this dressing came out as luscious as it looks. 


I love this Pampered Chef dressing container.  
The recipe yields 2 1/2 cups.

Nutritional facts:
2 TBS =116 calories
11g total fat (only 1g saturated fat! awesome!)
No cholesterol
5g carbs
120 mg sodium
5g sugar

Not too shabby, friends.

Add a few beautiful antioxidants and we've got a gorgeous gourmet dressing that will tantalize and amaze your next dinner party.  

Blueberries in a dressing? Who'da thunk?


Oh yeah. 
(P.S. Don't google. Live in the delusion-er, dream that is innovation.)

Oh the places we went today. My work here is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis