Friday, May 11, 2012

Charissa's Juice Fast Days 3,4,& 5

Q.  What are some hurdles encountered thus far?

A.  So far, as you can imagine, it has been difficult not to eat.  I have gotten over the hunger part, but  crave the taste of food.  I still want cereal real bad.  I actually want a lot of of food!  Last night I wanted spring rolls.  My cravings got so bad that I drank a lot of water and drank some more of my smoothie to fill myself up and the cravings subsided.  I also get very dizzy.  That is because I allow too much time in between each smoothie.  As soon as I drink a smoothie I start to feel well again.  Finally I am very tired still not having my 2 large ice coffees.  Each day it gets much better though.  Finally, I sometimes find myself trying to talk myself over the fast and end it early, especially with a party tomorrow and Mother's Day on Sunday!...But I'm not!
Q.   What are your weight results so far?

A.  I did not do this fast to lose weight.  I wanted to cleanse my system of coffee and any other toxins and allow my body a chance to start fresh.  The weight lose is an added benefit.  When I started on Monday, I had put on 3-4lbs of water weight from the weekend.  I was usually 138-139lbs, but because I pigged out over the weekend I retained some water and was 142.5lbs when I weighed in Monday morning.  By the time I went to bed I already lost most the water weight and weighed 140lbs.  Tuesday I was 139, Wednesday-136.5, Thursday-135, and today I was 133.5lbs.  I have a personal goal to weigh 125 and this puts me much closer to my goal.  Like I said this is not for me to lose weight, but I would be lying if I did not say it was a motivator for me when I think about stuffing my face!  

Q.   What is different from the first day to now?

A.  Although I am still tired I am not as tired.  Each day seems to get better and better.  I also notice that I do not feel as hungry each day and I do not have as many cravings as before.  I also no longer desire that feeling of being full.

Q.   Are you experiencing anything positive from the fast?

Aside from the weight loss, I am sleeping much better!  I get a full nights sleep and even doze off from time to time during the day.  When I was drinking coffee, I was only getting 5 hours of sleep a night.  Now I see exactly what I am was doing to my body and what the coffee was trying to cover up.  I was much more tired than I ever realized.  My body is recovering and healing right now, not just from the fast but because I am finally getting some much needed sleep.  

Q.  What is your goal for after the fast?

A.  After the juice fast some may assume I might stuff my face full of food.  Realistically I can't do that.  This fast is an opportunity for me to start fresh and put all the right foods in my body.  If I were to just stuff my face full of crap, then this process was a waste of time.  I need to eat slowly and incorporate foods little by little.  That means more raw plant based foods, little to no diary products and meat, and no processed food. I would also continue to juice on a daily basis.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis