Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Charissa's Smoothie Fast: Days 1 & 2

Q.  What are the reasons behind doing the smoothie fast?

A.  The reason I want to fast is to cleanse my system of all the toxins in it.  I have a huge coffee addiction!  I was drinking 2 large ice coffees from Dunkin Donuts per day.  Usually they were Caramel Swirl...loaded with sugar.  I have noticed in the past that after fasting my food palate changes and I no longer crave or enjoy junk food, so I'd like to reset and get back to that point. So not only do I want to kick coffee and allow my body to start fresh, I'd like to have a little more money in my pocket, too!

Q.  How long will you do this?

A.  I would like to do it for 10 days.

Q.  What will your smoothies consist of?

A.  My smoothies are basic fruit and/or fruit and veggie smoothies with only water and spirilina added to it.  I like to have a fruit smoothie in the morning with bananas, strawberries, and frozen tropical fruit and water.  Later I make a huge blender to last me the rest of the day with kale, celery, carrots, baby spinach, spirilina, apples, frozen tropical fruit, strawberries, a banana and just water...nothing else added!

Q.  What symptoms have you experienced so far?

A.  So far not having my coffee has made me exhausted.  I have dozed off and even gotten some headaches.  I was fighting so hard to keep my eyes open that I almost gave in and got a coffee last night.  Today I am experiencing the same exhaustion.

Q.  What cravings and emotions are you dealing with?

A.  One of my favorite foods is cereal.  I am in love with it and that was actually my biggest craving yesterday.  Because I have been so tired too, I have been craving my coffee of course.  I miss chewing though.  I also want to whip up one of my smoothie treats with peanut butter and chocolate almond milk. My mouth is watering typing this!

Q.  What do you notice about yourself with any particular habits before the fast and now during?

A.  So far I have started to realize all the "unknown" food I ate.  I make peanut butter sandwiches for Noah and after making it I typically lick the peanut butter off the knife.  Also, Noah usually leaves the crust and I usually eat that too. Also,  when I cook dinner, I always "taste" it.  I also take nibbles of snacks for Noah.  These are all calories that add up that I never realize I'm having when I am doing it.

On the up side, today is my second day and I am already starting to feel less hungry.  Cravings are still there, but not as bad as yesterday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis