Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

This weekend was wonderful, emphasis on "wonder" and "full."
Every Triduum for us is. 

And along with Gods gifts this past Holy Week, we were blessed to have my husband's parents join us in the festivities. 

As you can see, my son was pretty psyched about it all. 


His jubilance is pretty standard, but as he's demonstrating below, he has a lot of faces he likes to wear. 


So, how was it keeping on track healthwise, you ask? 
Well, there were some concessions made, as Adam's family enjoy more cooked food.
For example, the main course, "Ducken" (minus the "Tur"), was the Easter feast.
It was pretty good, but surprisingly I only had a few bites.
Overall, I was satisfied with our diet (portions, fruit and vegetable options) all weekend, but am looking forward to getting back to more raw. My mind and body are at its best on that diet. 

Nevertheless, my in-laws are very flexible and adventurous, so I was able to try a few raw/vegan dishes on them, too. 
The Almond Butter Brownies, for sure.

And below, this is a mostly raw (minus the eggs) salad. Isn't it beautiful and colorful? 
They enjoyed the Liquid Gold Elixir dressing with this. 
We had a couple of these gorgeous salads while they were here.


I had to snap a picture of the wild rice side as it was tasty, beautiful and ... a feat that it came out as either.
Why?
 Let me put it this way: rice and I have a tenuous relationship.
Conclusion?
Rice is the boss of ME . . .I MUST wait until it is done.  
And I did. This time. 


Because I'm a dork and take pictures of every table setting on special occasions, I thought I'd share our Easter dinner table. 
Not sure why. It's nothing too special.  
But humor me...and just move on. 


And move on you shall to the grand finale!!!

The StRAWberry Pie
This stRAWberry pie recipe (seriously, this whole pie, crust and all--which is chocolate almond--is raw) will definitely be up on the blog this week, as I will be remaking and tweaking it. 

But need I tell you that it was refreshingly delicious and decadent?


'Twas.

A blessed Eastertide to all.
He is risen as he said!
Alleluia!  

1 comment:

  1. I am very much looking forward to seeing that Strawberry Pie recipe, it looks delish. I'll be trying those brownies in the near future too. Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas and recipes. In my quest to eat healthier, non-expensively, and avoid all gluten and dairy this is certainly a help. I can't handle gluten and my son can't handle dairy, meaning I can't have dairy since he's nursing. I do have a weakness for desserts and sweets, but these look like a wonderful fix to that weakness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis