Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Math & Vanity . . .All Is Vanity!

I was never very good at math. I blessed the day I didn't have to take Calculus in high school. Or college. Or Graduate School. It just seems silly that anyone needs to know the square root integer of any speed of light thing-y . . .I have no idea what I'm talking about. That's probably not even Calculus.

But all numerical hope has not been lost on me. My mother made me stay back in subtraction in third grade because I just wasn't getting it. And boy, am I glad she did. Here's a delightful equation:

240lbs - 161lbs = 79lbs

I've lost 79lbs since my son was born, after having gained just 50.

That's an approximate 30 lb deficit . . .in my healthy favor!

Now, wouldja just look at me? Goin' on with my big bad sum-difference self?

An honorary mathematical degree (scrawled on construction paper and crayon) will very willingly be accepted by me from . . .anyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis