Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Typical Day

Many people have asked me what I eat like throughout the day.  Each day it is different. This is just a general idea.  I have between 1-2 smoothies a day to help clarify as you read this.  

Breakfast:
I will sometimes have a smoothie right when I wake up or organic cereal with almond milk and fruit.  I also hate to admit it....BUT I am addicted to my large Dunkin Donuts ice coffees.  I will be kicking this addiction in May when school is out with a 10 day juice fast. I will keep you posted on that.  (A lot of times I have 2 a day!  Uggghh!)

Here are a list of raw snacks that I pick on throughout the day:  (Not all of them everyday)

Apples
Clementines
Grapes
Strawberries
Carrots with Hummus
Almonds
Bananas
Organic trail mix (non-granola)

Non raw: (limited to one time a day sometimes 2)

Nature Valley Granola Bars
One of my sweeter smoothies which still contain raw ingredients, but they may include chocolate/vanilla almond milk or organic peanut butter

Lunch:
Sometimes I do not even have a lunch because I am full from my snacks.  Sometimes I will have a smoothie or I may have a baby spinach salad with strawberries and a sweet homemade dressing...recipe to follow shortly.   Other times I  like to have black beans and chick peas with  2 spoonfuls of salsa.  My salad is loaded with baby spinach.

Dinner:
Dinner is different ever night of course.  A lot of times they are cooked meals for Matt and Noah and I will drink a smoothie because I'm off to school.  Meals are usually still heavy in veggies, sometimes cooked.  We still eat meat, but have cut down dramatically recently.  Sometime it will be a fish or chicken with gluten free brown rice and veggies.  I like making soups like chicken, minestrone (with ground turkey) or lentil.  My mother-in-law calls me the soup queen!.  Although, I have not made it recently, I made my own home-made pizza dough.  I'm looking into healthier recipes, but for now I make them on flax seed wraps and are so yummy!  I just got my veggie spiralizer in today so I look forward to making more raw recipes with that...and sharing them of course!!!

Dessert:
I usually do not have dessert, but if I ever have a craving  at any point in the day it may be my sweet smoothie with a banana, chocolate almond milk, and organic peanut butter.  It seriously may be the best thing I ever had!  I also enjoy the raw homemade ice cream recipe Melissa posted.   When I have a sweet tooth though, grapes are great in a pinch.  When I crave something smothered in garlic or salty carrots with garlic hummus works wonders!  

I am still looking to add more raw foods to my diet.  I just need to learn new recipes.  As I use them I will post them.  In a couple weeks I will be able to put more time into learning more recipes once the spring semester ends...as well as kick my terrible and expensive dunkin donuts ice coffee!  :)








2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you both.I. know how hard it can be to make the right choices with a busy life. Enjoyed reading your blog..keep up the good work.
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nancy! It is fun for us to do this. It definitely was much harder at first, at least for me. I am finding it easier as I continue to make things a habit. But I indulge from time to time and then I usually feel pretty crummy and it reminds me that I can't eat like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis