Thursday, April 5, 2012

RAW Banana "Ice Cream"

Since eating more raw and vegan, there is little convention in my mind that says we have to eat dessert after dinner. 

I mean, dessert can BE dinner. 

What's better than that I ask? 
Crickets.
I thought so.

If you followed the Almond Butter Brownie recipe from yesterday, I mentioned topping that sweet li'l sucker with this banana "ice cream." 
Without further adieu, I give you the mind blowing-ly simple compliment to any raw or vegan brownie, cake or pie.  

 Ingredients:

3 frozen bananas
1-2 tsp vanilla
1 TBS cinnamon
1-2 TBS Almond or Coconut milk (not pictured, optional)
It's pretty normal around here for me to buy 5-6 bunches (or is it bushels?) of bananas per week. Aldi's sells them for .44/lb.  It's totally worth it since I use them in smoothies daily, various dessert recipes, and this wonderful treat.

1. So first you peel the bananas and put in a freezer bag. Freeze for at least 3-4 hours. (I have dozens of frozen bananas in my freezer. They keep for a long time that way.)

2. Then take them out, let them sit for about 10-15 minutes for the surface area to soften.

Now break up those 'naners and place in food processor or blender.

Tic, toc, tic, toc . . .I'm sure this step is taking forever.

3. Okay, add the rest of ingredients and blend until creamy, scraping sides down as necessary to get it all into a consistent creamy mixture.

Like so.


That's it, folks! 
Now grab a spoon and taste test that goodness. 
You like?
If you want a chocolate banana taste, you can add and blend in a 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.

Now if you want to get fancy schmancy, grab an ice cream scooper and top your fav raw vegan dessert. 
Add some walnuts.
Then drizzle with a little agave nectar.

Um, folks, is it just me, or does this look decadent and delish, or what? 
Raw-la-mode in the hizzay!


Well, it certainly is delicious.
My boy and I ate this for dinner!
Protein, potassium, fiber and lots of other good vitamins. 
Complete. Success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis